Several years ago, my mom was asked to teach a class on "summer salads" for a church function. She typed up a book with several recipes in it and taught a few staple salads one weeknight. I was probably 16 at the time and I still have her recipe book! Not only do I have it, but I use it all the time. It's ripped, stained and is just basically a pile of papers with no binding...but it's filled with some of the best salad recipes out there!
This Peach Fruit Salad is one of the recipes she shared and I make it all the time for my family. I love how quick and easy it is. Four ingredients thrown into a bowl, doesn't get much easier! The glaze from the peach pie filling makes the perfect sauce for the salad. You can also change this up and use other canned fruits instead of pineapple and mandarin oranges. It's versatile, light and makes a great side dish to a summer meal!
- 1 (21-oz) can peach pie filling
- 1 (20-oz) can pineapple tidbits or chunks, well drained
- 1 (15-oz) can mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1-2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you'll love these too:
Sharing this recipe and these fun parties!