I don't make everything by scratch. Sometimes I break down and buy pre-made frozen lasagna, pizzas, or those frozen garlic bread thingys. It's just easier, right?! But one thing I refuse to buy pre-made, are burger patties! PLEASE don't get those pre-made, cardboard-tasting, grisly burgers in the frozen section!!! Instead, take 5 minutes to make these babies!! This is seriously the most delicious, moist burger I have ever tasted. It's so super simple too! You only need a few ingredients and VIOLA! The yummiest grilled burger ever!
THE BEST BURGER RECIPE: recipe adapted from Little Miss Momma (makes 4 patties)
- 1 pound ground sirloin (I get the Angus 80/20, or 85/15)
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray's!)
- Lawry's season salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- your favorite hamburger buns
1) Mix the first 6 ingredients together with your hands and form into 4 patties. I do a little indention in the middle of each patty so the middle doesn't puff up while grilling.
2) Preheat your grill on high and then lower to medium when you put your patties on. Grill until your burger reaches your level of preferred doneness. You can also use an indoor grill pan or even a skillet! This burger is super moist from the barbecue sauce and cheese inside the patty. YUM!
3) I like to heat up about 1/2 Tbsp butter in a skillet on medium heat, and put the inside of my hamburger buns in the butter to get nice and toasted. This gives it such a good flavor and a little crunch!
4) Serve your butter-toasted buns with your yummy moist burger plus whatever fixings you like. We like avocado, tomato and lettuce! ENJOY!!