Another plus is that in the hot summer months, using your crock pot cuts the heat of the oven. So your house stays nice and cool and you have a lovely meal at dinnertime! I love that this recipe has a creamy tomato based broth using tomato soup, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. So rich and creamy! I always use the lower fat cream soups and sour cream to cut on calories. ;)
Easy Crock Pot Beef Stew: (recipe from my sister, Holly)
- 2 cups sliced carrots (or if you're lazy like me, a bag of mini, peeled carrots)
- 2 lbs. beef stew meat
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 - 5 potatoes, chopped into chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 dashes soy sauce
1) Throw all your chopped veggies into your slow cooker and add your meat chunks.
2) Mix together your soups and sour cream and add to the slow cooker, stirring to coat all the meat and vegetables.
3) Stir in your salt, pepper, bay leaf and dashes of soy sauce.
4) Cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
5) Spoon into bowls and ENJOY!!
LINKING THIS RECIPE UP TO THESE FUN PARTIES:
Tasty Tuesday Party, Beautify Monday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tips & Tricks Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Trick or Treat Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Talent Tuesdays, Uncommonly Yours Tuesday Link Party, Friday Fun Party, Fantabulous Friday, Delicately Constructed Friday, Flaunt it Friday, Link and Greet Friday, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Get Schooled Saturday, Friday Flair, Once Upon A Weekend, Weekend Bloggy Reading Link-Up, Spotlight Saturday, Seasonal Inspiration, Cast Party Wednesday,