This recipe is awesome because it cooks faster than the regular loaf. Instead of putting a whole meatloaf in a loaf pan, you split it up four ways and form into individual loaves on a baking sheet. This worked perfectly for my family because not only did it cut the baking time (yay!) but it made four even loaves to put right onto four plates! Plus it has amazing flavor and an great texture. My family LOVES it! The potatoes are a super easy, healthy side dish that I make all the time and the salad is a yummy basic that goes with just about any meal! Serious comfort food.
Easy Mini Honey-Mustard Meatloaves with Roasted Potatoes: serves 4
- 2 Tbsp. honey mustard
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
For Roasted Potatoes:
- 1-2 pounds white new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- olive oil
- Lawry's season salt
For Parmesan Green Salad:
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce
- 1 red onion, sliced into rounds, then quartered
- 3/4 c. grated paremsan cheese
- ranch dressing
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with racks in the upper and lower thirds. In a small bowl, mix together honey mustard and ketchup. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper (makes clean-up so easy!) or spray with cooking spray.
2) In medium bowl, combine beef, egg, panko, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack, salt and pepper. Form into four 2-by-4 inch loaves, placing on one of the baking sheets. Brush tops of loaves with mustard-ketchup mixture and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack on top. On the other baking sheet, toss quartered potatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and Lawry's season salt.
3) Place meatloaf sheet on upper rack of the oven and potatoes on the lower rack. Bake until loaves are cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove loaves from oven and continue to roast potatoes until tender, about 5 more minutes.
4) Meanwhile in a large serving bowl, toss your lettuces, sliced onions, parmesan and croutons. Add ranch to dressing to taste. Serve meatloaves with a side of potatoes and salad.
LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:
Uncommonly Yours Link Party, Tasty Tuesdays, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Tips & Tricks Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Trick or Treat Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, Talent Tuesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Sew Woodsy Wednesday Link Party, Friday Fun Party, Flaunt it Friday, Fantabulous Friday, Friday Flair, Delicately Constructed Fridays, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Spotlight Saturday, Seasonal Inspiration, Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Sunday Blog Love, Sundae Scoop Link Party, Just Something I Whipped Up, Motivate Me Monday, Homemade Projects, Tasty Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Lil Luna Link Party, Swanky Stuff Thursday,