Moo Shu Pork:
Serves 4, recipe adapted from Everyday Food
- 1 tsp + 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 1 pound, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps thinly sliced (button mushrooms work well, too)
- 2 Tbsp. minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, shredded
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- flour tortillas & hoisin sauce for serving
1) In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium. Add eggs and cook without stirring, until set: 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, roll up and slice crosswise into 1/4-inch wide strips. Set aside. Wipe skillet clean and reserve for later use.
2) Place pork in a medium bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. In reserved skillet, heat remaining tablespoon of oil over medium-high. Add pork and cook until browned on one side, 4 to 5 minutes (pork will cook more later). Transfer to a plate, reserve skillet again.
3) Add mushrooms and ginger to skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add cabbage, scallions, soy sauce, vinegar, egg strips, and pork. Cook until cabbage has wilted and pork is opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Stack tortillas between damp paper towels and microwave on high for 2 minutes. To serve, spread center of a tortilla with hoisin sauce, top with moo shu filling and roll up. ENJOY!!
LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:
Beautify it Monday, Tips & Tricks Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Trick or Treat Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Tasty Tuesday, Uncommonly Yours Link Party, Friday Fun Party, Fantabulous Friday, Flaunt it Friday, Delicately Constructed Friday, A Pinteresting Party, Show and Tell Saturday, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Spotlight Saturday, Saturday Link and Greet, Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Seasonal Inspiration, Get Schooled Saturday, Sunday Blog Love, Sunday FUNday, Sundae Scoop Link Party, Tasty Tuesdays, Talent Tuesdays,