With that being said, I was so proud of myself for getting motivated yesterday to get some things done around here. My neglected flower bed got weeded and watered, my neglected guinea pig got her cage cleaned and changed, I got a good 4 mile run in, made 2 dozen cookies, did 5 loads of laundry and most importantly, I cleaned out my microwave - YAY! No, but seriously, I was so proud of myself! Except when it came to be 7:30 PM and I STILL HADN'T SHOWERED. So after my morning run I stayed in my smelly gym clothes without a stitch of make-up on. All. Day. My poor kids.
Anyway, I put my irish twins in bed and in comes the hubs from work. I'm in gross gym clothes, no make-up, and not even beginning to make dinner. So I threw this pasta dish together and it took under 30 minutes to make. LOVE. THAT. It was so tasty and refreshing, too. It only uses one pot (and one cutting board :) so clean up is a breeze.
And everyone loved it.
Oh, and then I showered. ;)
QUICK LINGUINE WITH ARTICHOKES, TOMATOES & PARSLEY: (recipe adapted from Everyday Food Magazine, May '08)
- 1 (12-oz) box linguine (I used Dreamfield's Healthy Carb Living)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts in water, drained & quartered OR 1 package (10 oz) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and quartered.
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
1) In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water and return pasta to pot.
2) Add butter, 1/4 cup of the parmesan, and /4 cup pasta water and toss to combine.
3) Add artichokes, tomatoes, parsley and if necessary, remaining pasta water to create a sauce to coat the pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan. ENJOY!!!
If you like this recipe, PIN IT!!! Also, be sure to follow me on Pinterest and Facebook!
LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:
Somewhat Simple Link Party, Catch a Glimpse Party, Hookin Up with HoH, Crafty Soiree, Transformation Thursday, Creative Thursday, Swanky Stuff Link Party, Show Off Your Stuff, Flaunt it Friday, Delicately Constructed Friday, Free For All Friday, Friday Favs, Friday Fun Party, Friday Flair, Frugal Friday, Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Spotlight Saturday, Tasty Tuesdays, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays, Tip Me Tuesdays, TOO Cute Tuesdays, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Trick or Treat Tuesday,