Can you tell I’m already in the fall spirit?! I’m cooking meals like it’s November already and our daily temperature isn’t still in the 80’s!! I am so excited for the weather to cool down and for yummy, comfort food dinners. Yipee!
Anyway, I love doing “Taco Tuesdays” for my kids but sometimes I get sick of making plain old tacos and I like to shake it up a little. This Taco Stew is so easy, you just throw it all in the crock pot. Plus it tastes scrumptious any day of the week! My boys love it! We like to dish it up in bowls and add shredded cheese, green onions and avocado on the top and dip tortilla chips into it. My husband likes to call it taco chili…call it what you want – it’s delicious!!
SKINNY CROCK POT TACO STEW:
Printable Version HERE
- 1 lb. cooked (92% or leaner) ground beef or turkey, drained & rinsed for less grease
- 2 (15 oz) cans Ranch Style Beans
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite-diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can yellow corn, drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or make your own, I like this recipe)
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- Mix all ingredients in your crock pot. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. (I’ve cooked this on low for up to 8 hours and it still turned out great!)
- Serve with any toppings you like, such as shredded chesse, green onions, diced avocado and tortilla chips. ENJOY!!