Anyway, what's better than chocolate?? LOW FAT chocolate!!! These cookies are super yummy and low fat! They have zero butter, only egg whites, a little canola oil and applesauce.
I know what you're thinking: "I've already tried cookies with applesauce and they're not that good" - well hold up a second cuz you gotta give these cookies a try! They're pretty darn good. After
Low Fat Chocolate Cookies:
Printable Recipe HERE
- 2-2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- In another medium bowl with electric mixer, blend the brown and granulated sugars. Slowly beat in the oil. Beat in the applesauce, egg whites and vanilla and blend on low until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and blend on low speed until the dough is just combined. Refrigerate the dough until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips then bake for 17-19 minutes - do not overbake! When the cookies cool, they will harden some. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool and then ENJOY!!
If you're looking for some more great dessert ideas, check these out:
Click HERE to print this recipe.
If you liked this recipe, PIN it!
It would be wonderful if you followed me (via GFC) on the right hand side-->
LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:
Weekend Wrap-Up, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Spotlight Saturday, A Pinteresting Party, Tip Me Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Tasteful Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, From Dream to Reality Wednesday, Cast Party Wednesday, Wicked Good Wednesday, Foodie Friday, Foodie Friends Friday, Weekend Wonders, Flaunt it Friday, Fantabulous Friday, Friday Fun Party, Tuesday Talent Show,