This weekend is a big weekend for members of my church. There is a big broadcast twice a year in which we get to hear wonderful words spoken by some amazing members of our church. It's so inspirational and I look forward to those two weekends all year long! I LOVE making a homemade breakfast for my family and then sitting around the computer watching the talks and eating together. I'll be making these waffles for my family this weekend! :) What's your favorite breakfast food??
Try these recipes and let me know what you think!
Print your recipe HERE
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks (whites reserved)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- In a large bowl, mix together: flour, milk, baking powder, salt and oil.
- In a small bowl, separate the egg yolks from the whites, adding the yolks to the mixture in the large bowl. Whip egg whites with a hand mixer until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into waffle mixture and break down big clumps. Cook on waffle iron and serve immediately with buttermilk syrup (recipe below).
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cube butter
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Combine the sugar, butter and *buttermilk together in a medium size pot (see picture below).
Click HERE to print this recipe.
If you liked this recipe, PIN it!
It would be wonderful if you followed me (via GFC) on the right hand side-->
If you're looking for some more great breakfast ideas, check these out:
LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:
Tastetastic Thursday, Tasty Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Fantabulous Friday, Friday Fun Party, Keep Calm and Link Up, Flaunt it Friday, Weekend Wonders, Spotlight Saturday, Saturday Show & Tell, Strut Your Stuff, Weekend Wrap-Up, A Pinteresting Party, Mix it Up Monday, Tip Me Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Tasteful Tuesday, Trick or Treat Tuesday, Cast Party Wednesday,