I love cooking and I think it's so fun to get my boys involved. They helped me put this taco braid together. It was super simple, fun, and my family LOVED it!! It was fairly inexpensive and healthy too...sneaks in some veggies without them even noticing! Give it a try for your Halloween dinner, or a fun weeknight meal!
YUMMY MUMMY TACO BRAID:
Print Your Recipe HERE Yield: TWO Taco Braids
- 2 packages Crescent Roll dough (I used reduced-fat)
- 1 pound ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (or use 2 Tbsp of a homemade blend like THIS one)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- about 1 cup cheese, divided (I used reduced-fat cheddar)
*This recipe makes TWO braids but can easily be halved. (Between me, my husband and four boys, we ate two whole ones!)
1) Brown your ground turkey (or beef) in a large skillet. Add taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until thickened. Add the drained & rinsed beans and corn and mix together. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2) Wrap tin foil around your cookie sheet(s) or spray generously with cooking spray. Lay out one whole Crescent Roll onto the cookie sheet and pat out with your fingers to smooth the lines. Try to get it as seamless as possible:
4) Spread half of the filling in the middle of the crescent dough. Top with about 1/2 cup cheese.
5) Now it's mummy wrapping time! Starting at the top, lay each flap left to right, over eachother making them overlap or cross. See mine below...notice it doesn't look perfect but looks cute when cooked!
This is such a yummy Halloween or any night dinner your family (or just you!) will enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, PIN it!
It would be wonderful if you followed me (via GFC) on the right hand side-->
If you're looking for some more great dinner ideas, check these out:
LINKING THIS RECIPE TO THESE FUN PARTIES:
From Dream to Reality, Tips & Tricks, Cast Party Wednesday, Tastetastic Thursday, Tasty Thursdays, Showcase Your Talent Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Fantabulous Friday, Flaunt it Friday, Weekend Wonders, Foodie Friends Friday, Foodie Friday, Saturday Show & Tell, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Weekend Wrap-Up, Spotlight Saturday, Tasteful Tuesday, Tip Me Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, From Dream to Reality, Sweet Treats & Swanky Stuff, A Pinteresting Party,