Okay, I know most people are doing some kind of healthier diet, but I HAD to share these brownies with you even though they're most definitely not diet food. They are SO GOOD. And super easy to whip up. All you do is make up a brownie box mix and when it's fresh from the oven, pour a bag of mini marshmallows on the top to melt. Then you make this awesome frosting (it's like Texas Sheet Cake frosting) and pour over the top. Seriously makes the most divine brownies EVER!
Marshmallow Frosted Brownies:
Printable Recipe HERE
- 1 box brownie mix, prepared as directed on the box for cake-like brownies in 9x13 pan
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Prepare brownie mix as directed for CAKE LIKE brownies in 9x13 pan. Bake as directed.
- When brownies are done, pour the bag of miniature marshmallows over the top and place back into the oven for a few minutes until the marshmallows are puffy and melted. Cool brownies and then prepare frosting.
- Frosting: Bring butter, cocoa, water, and milk to a boil. Remove from heat. While still hot, add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat well. Pour frosting over brownies while frosting is still hot. Allow to cool before cutting. ENJOY!!
Source: Mommy's Kitchen