Want to look like a baking superstar at your next party? Make this delicious pumpkin roll for your friends! It will look like it took you hours to make when it's really simple and easy! This is a great make-ahead dessert and the perfect fall pumpkin dessert!
Here it is, friends. My very first pumpkin recipe on my blog. Um, did I mention I've been updating this great blog of mine for almost two years?!? HOW in the WORLD have I not shared a pumpkin recipe before?! Fall is my favorite time of year! And I love pumpkin!
While I'm a little disappointed that I'm just now getting around to sharing a pumpkin recipe, I'm not disappointed in the one I'm sharing. This Pumpkin Roll is so super easy. It really doesn't take long to make but tastes and looks like it took hours to perfect. It's a family recipe that is a great make-ahead dessert. You can make this the day before a big event and put it in the fridge until a little before serving time. I know there are lots of pumpkin roll recipes out there, but I promise this one won't disappoint!
Easy Pumpkin Roll Dessert
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- powdered sugar, for rolling
- 1 (8-oz) Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Grease a jelly roll pan (or use a large sheet of parchment paper that comes over edges of pan). Preheat oven to 350º.
- Cream eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl. Fold in the canned pumpkin and lemon juice. Add the the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Mix well. Pour into prepared pan, making sure to spread into an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Quickly remove from the pan by turning upside down onto a large kitchen towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. (Or if you used parchment paper, pull parchment off pan and flip over onto towel coated with powdered sugar.)
- Immediately roll the cake with the towel right inside. Cool in the towel on the counter. While cooling, cream together filling ingredients.
- When the cake is cool, unroll and spread with filling. Re-roll (without the towel) and cut into slices. Top with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkling of powdered sugar. If not serving right away, wrap up in tin foil and store in refrigerator. This makes a great dessert that you can make ahead of time!
It's simple to roll:
Let it sit until cooled. Then unroll and spread with cream cheese filling and re-roll.
Now slice and serve.
Looking for more fall desserts? Try one of these recipes:
Don't miss a recipe! Stay connected...
You might see this post at these fun parties!