Easy, quick and delicious BBQ Pork Sandwiches your family will love! This BBQ pork is quickly cooked on the grill, sliced, smothered with a homemade barbecue sauce and topped with a crunchy slaw. You will love this easy dinner!
It has been so hot here up until a few days ago. Sweltering, actually. It seemed like as soon as school began, it heated up to unbearable temps. It was right at that same time that I started getting all into the fall season. I put up my fall decorations and I planned to make some yummy soups/stews. But guess what? The weather decided to not cooperate and it got up into the 90’s! Soup and 90 degree weather do not go well together.
So then I plan this yummy grilled pork with slaw and corn on the cob and guess what? It’s been cloudy and cold! I barbecued with a sweater on! Maybe I need to plan more summer dinners so the weather will be more fall-like? Either way, these BBQ Pork Sandwiches are so delicious and super easy.
You slice your tenderloin in half lengthwise and make a quick sauce. Put the two halves in the sauce, but leave about a 1/4 cup to spread on your sandwiches later. Grill the tenderloins for five minutes then flip and grill for another 6 minutes and let it rest. Make a quick slaw, slice up your meat. Place on buns with sauce and slaw and done! It is SO easy but looks like you spent hours making it.
My husband and boys loved it! Has it cooled down in your neck of the woods yet? Either way, this dinner will be a hit!
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lower sodium soy sauce
- ¾ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- ½ head cabbage, shredded (about 1-1/2 cups)
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 3 thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat grill to high heat. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Reserve ¼ cup ketchup mixture and set aside. Add halved pork to remaining ketchup mixture. Make sure it is coated completely.
- Oil the grill rack and place pork halves on it. Close lid and grill for 5 minutes. Turn pork over and grill another 6 minutes, or until thickest part registers 150º on a meat thermometer. Remove pork from grill and let sit for 5 minutes. Cut pork across the grain into thin slices.
- Place buns, cut sides down, in a single layer on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill for two minutes or until toasted and golden brown.
- While pork cooks, combine cabbage, carrots, green onions, sugar and salt in a medium sized bowl. Toss and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place one bottom bun half on each of 4 plates. Divide sliced pork onto bottom buns and top with 1 tablespoon of reserved BBQ sauce and about ½ cup of slaw. Place top halves on top of sandwiches and devour. Enjoy!