Turkey Chili full of ground turkey and beans in a delicious tomato broth cooked right in the crock pot!
I went with one of my friends this last Saturday and finally bought my first Christmas gifts! She was finishing her shopping and I was just getting started. Thinking about how much I still have to do, makes me cringe!
Having four kids is not easy in the gifting department. I have a 6 year gap between my two in the middle. It’s easy to pick out something for my two youngest because, well, they like everything! And they’re still not sure about how the whole santa thing works.
My older two are a whole other story. They want all these expensive toys and gadgets. My oldest wants an iPad and my second wants a laptop. What?! At their ages, I wanted a Light Bright! (Do you remember those? They were so awesome!) Anyway, I commend those of you who are finished shopping and can relax for the next two weeks. I will be running around like a crazy person trying to get my stuff done.
One thing that really makes this crazy time of year a bit less stressful, are easy dinners. I heart my crock pot and I heart chili. It’s so comforting and flavorful. There’s something better about it being slow cooked too. This turkey chili is so flavorful and healthy. It’s probably one of my husband’s favorite meals. It’s so simple to throw together in the crock pot. I make it again and again. Do you have a favorite holiday dinner?
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (10.75-oz) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (15-oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies & spices
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ Tbsp. garlic powder
- ½ Tbsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ tsp. salt (or more for taste)
- In a large skillet, cook onion until almost translucent. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients into slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours.