Delicious, healthy and easy No-Bake Granola Bites – the perfect on-the-go breakfast or snack!
Hi! Do you like my new blog design? I switched over to WordPress and wowza, is it different. It’s been a steep learning curve, trying to figure things out but I’m glad I made the move. I really like that you can navigate through the recipe tab to find what kind of recipe you’re looking for. It will take some getting used to, but I think it’s a good change!
Do you know what else is a good change? My two (and a half) year old finally picked up on the potty training stuff! Boom! Potty trained! Do you know what that means?! NO more diapers!! I am beyond excited, people. Having two small kids, eleven short months apart = three years of double duty on the diapers and now, both are potty trained. Woot woot!
And you know what else happened this week? My three year old started pre-school! He LOVES it. Miss Gina is a pretty fantastic teacher. I can’t believe how fast kids grow up. It’s so sad. We got him a big boy car seat that uses the shoulder belt, too. Big week of changes around here. I’ve also been trying to change up my diet a bit. Eat less carbs and more protein as well as eating more regularly throughout the day. I tend to not eat breakfast or eat a very minimal breakfast, workout, and then come home ravenous, and eat everything in sight.
Having something pre-made and ready to go helps me eat better. Like cut up vegetables in the fridge or a baggie of almonds in my purse or a tupperware of these granola bites in the fridge. When I’m over-hungry, that’s when the damage can happen. I’ve been known to eat an entire bag of goldfish right after a rigorous gym workout. Whoops!
My husband begs me to make these. They’re one of his favorite snacks. They’re crunchy, chewy and soft sort of all at the same time. They’re sweet but not too sweet. It’s a fun recipe to mess around with, too. You can add whatever dried fruit you like, switch out different extracts for the almond extract, and use different kinds of butters. I love using almond butter in mine. If you’re like me and need snacks already prepped to help you eat better during the day, this is the snack for you. Make them at the beginning of the week to last you all week long. Try them out and let me know what you think!
- ¼ cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted
- 1½ cups quick-cooking oats
- ⅓ cup craisins, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried apples, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup peanut or almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. coconut
- 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- Place almonds in a small pan and toast over low-medium heat for a few minutes, until golden brown. Place in food processor and add in ¼ cup oats. Process into fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir together until mixture begins to stick together. Using lightly oiled hands or a cookie scoop, take a small handful of dough and roll into a 1" ball. Roll lightly in oat/almond mixture.
- Place in an airtight container. Continue with the rest of the mixture, layering in-between parchment paper or plastic wrap. Keep refrigerated and grab a granola ball anytime you need a quick breakfast or snack. Goes great with a glass of milk! (These are my husband's favorite!)