My kids will one by one get sick and I’m the one wiping their noses, doling out medicine, rubbing Vick’s on their chest, getting up with them in the night, etc etc.
And then as soon as they’re all better, guess who gets it?!
Life has moved on by then and I’m stuck driving to baseball practices, piano lessons, scouts, and so on and so forth. Meanwhile I’m on my death bed with the world’s worst cold and nobody is taking care of me!
So yes, mom’s should never get sick because we never get a day off!
This has been one of the worst colds I’ve EVER had. Five days later and I’m finally feeling a little better but still congested. Okay, END of rant!
Cookies. Let’s talk avocado. Cookies and avocado? Weird.
But good weird. It’s one of those things that you’re like “who came up with this?” and then you make them and realize that it’s genius and you should have been doing it all along!
You can’t taste the avocado at all. My boys were downing these cookies. You should have seen the look on their faces when I told them that there was avocado in them. Pretty funny stuff! Regardless, these cookies did not last long, as cookies usually don’t at my house full of boys.
They’re moist, rich, chocolatey and overall a bit healthier than the average chocolate cookie. It makes you wonder what other crazy combos have you missed out on? Maybe tomato cookies? 😉
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. Truvia (or ¾ cup granulated sugar)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup avocado, mashed or pureed in the food processor
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In a standing mixer bowl, blend the brown sugar and Truvia. Slowly beat in the coconut oil. Add in the mashed or blended avocado, egg whites, and vanilla. Blend on low speed until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and chocolate chips and blend on low speed until the dough is just combined. Dough will be crumbly. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 300º F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Roll the dough into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly and bake for 17-19 minutes (do not over bake!) Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool. Enjoy!