Delicious low-fat chocolate cake that’s made with a cake mix, sugar-free pudding, applesauce and greek yogurt. Super moist and deceivingly decadent!I have the biggest sweet tooth. I keep a bar (or three) of dark chocolate high in my cupboard so my kids can’t see it and nibble on it at night. And it’s dark chocolate, so it’s healthy, right?!
Anything with chocolate is my fave. This is why I dread the dentist. Anyone else hate going to the dentist? I’m terrified.
I’ve always had bad teeth. I feel like every time I go in for a routine check-up, I need a root canal or some other awful thing, even though I’m sort of a crazy person and brush my teeth three times a day. So unfair! My boys all have dental exams this weekend and I’m just glad it’s them and not me. Ha!
Okay, let’s talk bundt’s for a minute. Have you ever made one before? One of my very favorite chocolate cake recipes is this chocolate bundt cake but it is soooo not healthy. My boys love it though. It’s what I make for special occasions.
So about a month or so ago, my sister called me and told me that she’d gone to a church activity and they’d eaten a yummy cake which she had gotten the recipe for. In the recipe, there were ways to reduce the fat – awesome! I tried the recipe a few times and really liked it! Of course I had to mess around with it a bit and now you have this yummy skinny chocolate bundt cake!
I love that it’s made using a cake mix too, so it’s even easier! Plus the addition of sugar-free pudding makes it crazy moist. If you’re watching your figure (or your cavities), this is the perfect dessert for you!
- 1 Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 small package sugar-free instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt (or reduced-fat sour cream)
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Beat together the cake mix, pudding, yogurt, eggs, applesauce, water and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl for 3 minutes. Mix in chocolate chips and pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Do not over-bake or cake will become dry! Once cake has cooled a bit, tip over bundt pan and let the cake out onto a cake plate. Serve with powdered sugar and enjoy!