Hey! Guess what today is?? It’s May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo!
Do you love Mexican food? Anyone that knows me, knows how much I LOVE Mexican food. Love love love. Whenever I’m in a bind for dinner, I usually stick with something Mexican. Not only because it tastes the best but because it always seems to go over well at my house!
When I was growing up, my mom would make tacos for dinner all the time. They were and are my dad’s favorite dinner. He served a mission for my church in Mexico and I think ever since then, he has a special love for Mexican food.
In the area where I live, there are a couple Mexican food places that are ridiculously good. One of those places has these amazing taquito-like rolled tacos. I love them!
I wanted to sort of recreate them while making them a little healthier, so I used chicken instead of beef and also added in a little Greek yogurt to make them creamier while adding a bit of protein. I also baked them instead of frying them, which really cuts back on calories.
My husband definitely loves these taquitos and so do my boys! It’s fun to have something portable that you can pick up and eat on the go and the sauce is super delicious and so easy! I just mixed a little ranch and taco sauce and it seriously makes the best dip for your taquitos!
Plus, it’s all cooked in under 30 minutes! Perfect dinner for Cinco de Mayo, Taco Tuesday, or whenever you’re in the mood for quick Mexican food!
What’s your favorite Mexican dish?
- 1 cup cooked & shredded chicken
- ½ cup red enchilada sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup shredded Mexican cheese
- fajita sized flour tortillas
- ranch dressing
- red taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine chicken, enchilada sauce, green onions, Greek yogurt, olives, cumin, salt and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Put about ¼ cup filling down the middle of each flour tortilla and roll. Place seam sides down on baking sheet.
- Spray rolled taquitos with cooking spray. Place in preheated oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tortillas are golden brown and toasted.
- In a small bowl, mix together some ranch dressing and taco sauce until desired flavor. Serve with taquitos and enjoy!