Quick & easy cherry dump salad with only FOUR ingredients – dump it all in a bowl and stir together and voila! Crazy delicious fruit salad 🙂
So I’m a little late to the game, but I’m officially obsessed with the show Scandal. Are you a Scandalite? I guess they just ended the show but I’m just starting it on Netflix. Obsessed, I tell you! I’m watching it as I type this. 😉
You know what else I’m obsessed with? Cherry Dump Salad.
Okay, here we go again with the word “dump” in association with food. It just sounds wrong. But if you just think of it as a verb, as in “dumping these cans into a bowl” …you won’t feel like giggling when you hear the name dump salad.
Because basically that’s what this fruit salad is: dumping some cans into a bowl. Oh, and mixing in some whipped topping to make it super creamy. But only four extremely easy ingredients.
This salad is beyond easy, not to mention totally delicious, too! This is my favorite to make when I have company coming over and I’m afraid my meal won’t stretch. If I need an extra side dish, this is the perfect way to quickly make an impressive dish. It adds a sweet side to the meal that everyone enjoys. This is a family-pleaser and you won’t regret making it!
- 1 (21-oz) can cherry pie filling (I used Lucky Leaf brand)
- 1 (8-oz) container lite whipped topping
- 1 (15-oz) can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 1 (15-oz) can mixed fruit, drained well
- Pour cherry pie filling in a mixing bowl. Fold in whipped topping.
- Fold in drained canned fruit. Chill and serve. Enjoy!