Incredibly tender Cilantro Lime Chicken served with a crazy delicious Avocado Salsa. A healthy dinner recipe that’s quick and easy to make but looks fancy.
This Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa needs to be on your dinner menu this week! Especially if you have a busy week ahead! It’s baseball season around here which in a nutshell means, busy busy busy! Three out of my four boys are playing this year and it seems like it’s nonstop practices and games. In fact, this coming weekend our games overlap so it will be interesting, lol!
I find that when my schedule is really busy, dinner is the one thing that gets compromised. I tend to make the same easy dinner recipes to maintain my sanity. 🙂 This Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa, sponsored by California Avocado Commission, is one of my go-to recipes for a few reasons.
- First of all, it’s chicken, which all four of my kids will actually eat.
- Secondly, it’s marinated chicken, which is the only way I eat chicken, lol! If I know I’m going to have a busy night, I’ll make the marinade and throw it in the fridge until I can cook it later that night.
- Third, it’s healthy and seriously SO yummy!
This month’s theme for the California Avocado Commission is Impress in 30 Minutes or Less. Um, hello! This is totally my kind of theme! Most of my meals on YHE are quick and easy.
The Avocado Salsa is what really makes this chicken recipe shine! It’s a simple mixture of California Avocados, tomatoes, shallots, cilantro and spices. Paired with this Cilantro Lime Chicken, it’s seriously a match made in heaven!
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4-6)
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey, or more to taste
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, or more to taste
- fresh cracked pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup shallot, finely diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Juice from ½ lime
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- fresh cracked pepper & salt to taste
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a food processor and blend. Pour into a large resealable bag and add chicken and marinate for a few minutes, up to overnight.
- Mix together Avocado Salsa ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Grill chicken over medium-high heat (or on stovetop) until no longer pink inside. Serve chicken with avocado salsa and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
(Thank you to the California Avocado Commission for sponsoring this post!)