Easy cookies are the best, right?! When you want something sweet, you don’t want to fuss with a long recipe with 20 ingredients. You want a handful of quick ingredients, mix, bake, done. Boy, do I have the cookie for you!
So two weekends ago, I went to Big Bear, California with my family. I live only about 2 1/2 hours away from there, so the drive is great. It’s fun to have a place to go that’s up in the mountains to switch up the scenery every once in a while. I’ve talked in past posts about how amazing the cabin was that we rented. We LOVED it and will be back to rent the same cabin next time we want to go!
Anyway, after we got there, one of the first things I did was check out the kitchen. Duh.
It was gorgeous and open with an island bar & bar stools, granite countertops, a huge oven and stovetop – I mean, the works. (Well, at least compared to my crappy, overpriced kitchen at home by the beach).
So I was rifling through the cabinets to check out dishes, etc. and what to my wandering eyes do I find? A lonely cookbook sitting in a cupboard. If you know me and recipe books, then you know I was excited. I even ran to my husband like a little kid and said, “look babe! A cookbook! In the cupboard!”. Ha!
I love getting inspired by recipes! I like to read cookbooks cover to cover like a regular book. Am I the weirdest or what?!
I’ll read a recipe and then think, oh that would be so good with this added, too! Or that maybe I can make it a little more low-cal or healthier. This book was like a community of people had submitted their recipes and someone had printed it up.
So as I’m searching through this cookbook, I find these interesting sounding Bisquick cookies. I HAD to try them! I love using Bisquick to make pancakes and waffles for my kids so I thought, why not??
I had to make a few adjustments but they were so good! My boys really liked them. They have just the right amount of peanut butter and sweetness. They’re moist and soft with a touch of chocolate. They’re super duper easy to make and are eggless too! These are my new go-to cookies and are perfect if you’re out of flour or eggs!
Do you like easy cookie recipes, too??
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup Truvia sweetener (or ½ cup granulated sugar)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or ¼ cup butter, softened)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup boiling water
- 2 cups Bisquick original pancake & baking mix (in the yellow box)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the sugars, coconut oil and peanut butter. Add boiling water and mix to combine.
- Stir in Bisquick and chocolate chips until combined. Drop by tablespoon onto prepared pan. Lightly press tops of cookies to flatten a little bit.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.