Healthy Brown Rice Bowl with Shrimp & Avocado with a delicious sauce – a light and easy dinner that will satisfy and taste great! PLUS a $500 Giveaway for Paypal Cash or Amazon Gift Card!
I’m writing this while I’m watching my new favorite guilty pleasure show: House of Cards on Netflix. Have you seen it? OMG. It’s the best. My husband had been trying to get me to watch it for a month or so and I was digging in my heels because I thought it would be boring. I’m not usually a fan of political shows. But this one? It’s political, sure. But oh so much drama, too. 😉
Another great Netflix show I’m stuck on is The Killing. Have you seen that? It’s a murder mystery series that sucks you right in. I’m not really a TV watcher but when I find a good one (lookin’ at you, Breaking Bad) I just get pulled in and have to watch the entire series ASAP.
What are your favortie shows? I’m also loving the Bachelor…but that’s a whole other post. Ha! 😉
I’m really excited about today because I’m teaming up with a bunch of bloggers to give one lucky reader a $500 Paypal Cash or Amazon Gift Card!
This giveaway is a Birthday celebration for me and few other gal bloggers who started blogging right around now, the beginning of the year. I guess there’s something about a new year that makes people start resolutions, right? I think that’s what nudged me into the right direction to start this little blog. I am so beyond grateful that I started it. I love my YHE blog and YOU! Thank you for reading!
I know brown rice bowls aren’t a Birthday treat (but did you check out my donut post on Friday? THAT is a good Birthday treat!) Anyway, these brown rice bowls are really, really good. Definitely worthy of a Birthday celebration!
I love a healthy meal. I’m always trying to rotate seafood into our dinners. Sometimes I get preoccupied with eating ground beef or chicken that I forget about seafood. Good shrimp or seafood recipes can be intimidating to try, am I right? These brown rice bowls are so simple, though. Definitely not intimidating. The sauce is delicious and the shrimp goes well with the avocado and cilantro. It might not look like a Birthday dinner, but it’s a celebration in your mouth. 🙂
Now go on below and get the recipe for these delish brown rice bowls and then enter to win the $500 Gift Card! Good luck!
- ⅓ cup lite soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Truvia (or 2 tsp. sugar)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 green onions, sliced or diced
- 1 avocado, peeled pitted and diced
- ½ of a lemon
- salt and pepper
- cilantro, for serving
- hot cooked brown rice, for serving
- Cook your brown rice so it's hot and ready to go when your meal is finished.
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar, Truvia and salt in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- Place shrimp in a bowl and pour about half of the sauce on the top. Set aside.
- Toss diced avocado with the juice from half of the lemon and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat up the oil over medium-high heat. Add in about half of the diced green onions and cook until tender, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in shrimp and sauce and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and cooked through. Take off heat.
- Scoop rice into bowls and place shrimp on top. Add diced avocado and garnish with extra green onions and cilantro. Drizzle with remaining soy sauce mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
All of these great bloggers definitely have a reason to celebrate! It’s time to mark another year of blogging for these lovely ladies. We thought it would be fun to celebrate these wonderful blogs by giving you a chance to win some cash!! The lucky winner will get their choice of $500 Paypal Cash or a $500 Amazon Gift Card!!
Don’t forget to check out our awesome sponsors!!