Get ready for the most flavorful spicy turkey burgers with a slathering of caramelized onions on top! Serve with a side of oven baked sweet potato fries (wedges) dipped in a spicy mayo sauce – absolutely divine! (This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tessemae’s. The opinions and text are all mine.)
At the end of last year, I was having a bunch of health issues. Nothing serious, but just frustrating. I was having stomach pain all the time, extreme heart burn, and it was hard to breathe with just the littlest bit of cardio.
I’m not one of those kinds of people that run to the doctor for little ailments, so naturally I waited until it was pretty bad. I finally saw a specialist and he brought me in for an endoscopy. They found out I have a hiatal hernia and dyspepsia, which is basically stomach issues that they can’t diagnose.
Long story short, I’ve been trying to eat super healthy and cut out any sort of processed foods to try and keep the dyspepsia in check. I’m not always successful with finding foods that taste good and are natural and healthy.
If you’re like me and want to eat more natural foods but find it tough to find products that aren’t loaded with preservatives – I got you covered. Because I have found the BEST product line out there: Tessemae’s. Have you tried these before?? I was so excited when I was given two boxes full of these yummy condiments!
I have used them primarily as our family’s condiments for some time now and we all love them. They have very little sugar, are made from natural ingredients and taste like none other. Please, don’t take my word for it – go check them out HERE. And when you decide to buy some (you definitely should) use this coupon code to get 10% off your order: JengoesTesse
I took all four of these condiments and put them into a delicious recipe for turkey burgers! We are huge turkey burger fans and if I can make them spicy turkey burgers, I’m even happier. 🙂 You can take out the jalapeño and make these less spicy or add in some more to give it an extra kick. You can’t go wrong with caramelized onions on top so of course I added some on there. It gives the burgers more flavor and an added texture that I like.
The spicy turkey burgers are good but the star of the show is the spicy mayo sauce. OMG.
Do you see that little white bowl on the plate with the sweet potato fries? I ate that entire thing. I poured it on my burger, dipped my fries in it and then licked it clean. I can’t even tell you how amazing it is! It’s creamy, sweet and spicy all at the same time. You will love dipping those sweet potato wedges in it.
Just a quick side note: Many of the Tessemae’s dressings & marinades are olive oil based and therefore, the olive oil solidifies when chilled in the frig. When you store your dressings in the frig (refrigerate for quality up to 7 months), it’s important that you know the dressings haven’t spoiled/gone bad! Just let your dressing warm to room temperature on the kitchen counter or place the bottle in warm water for a few minutes (I use a mug filled with hot water from the tap).
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ½ white onion, grated
- 1 Tbsp. Mesquite grill seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Tessemae's All Natural BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & minced
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1½ onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup Tessemae's All Natural Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Tessemae's All Natural Honey Mustard
- ¼ tsp. prepared horseradish, or more for even spicier
- ⅛ tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- hamburger buns, for serving
- Tesserae's All Natural Ketchup, for serving
- Heat grill or grill pan up to medium-high heat.
- Place olive oil in a pan on the stovetop. Add in sliced onion and cook on medium-low until softened and brown.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450ºF. Cut up sweet potatoes and throw onto a cookie sheet. Toss with olive oil and sea salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine together turkey, grated onion, grill seasoning, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, jalapeño, cheese and bread crumbs. Shape into 4 - 5 patties. Grill until no longer pink inside, 165 degrees F inside.
- Quickly make sauce by combining mayo, honey mustard, horseradish and cayenne. Can double or triple sauce amount easily. Serve with burgers and sweet potato fries.
- Serve spicy turkey burgers with a pile of caramelized onions on top and a bit of ketchup. Side dish of sweet potato wedges and spicy mayo sauce. Enjoy!