This Tropical Smoothie Bowl Recipe is the perfect breakfast or snack! It’s dairy-free, gluten-free, full of protein and fresh fruit and totally delicious. Satisfying and easy to make, too! (Thanks to Silk for sponsoring this post!)
I jumped on the smoothie bowl bandwagon! Have you seen/made one yet? They’re all the rage on Pinterest these days!
I got on a huge smoothie kick after buying a really fancy, expensive blender. My husband and I would make green smoothies every night for breakfast the next day (he leaves the house really early so didn’t have time to make them before he leaves).
And then one day, I got totally fed up with smoothies. Especially green ones. I’m a foodie for goodness sakes! I need food. REAL food. Not food from a straw, you know what I’m sayin’? So then our fancy expensive blender sat there gathering dust on our countertop.
Then, as I was browsing Pinterest as I love to do, I saw a smoothie bowl recipe and I thought this is perfect! It’s the best of both worlds – healthy smoothie + food on top = happy foodie!
You guys, this tropical smoothie bowl recipe is just amazing. I’m obsessed. I blended up frozen tropical fruit, half a frozen banana, tofu (for added protein), a little honey to sweeten, and Vanilla CashewMilk. Poured that in a bowl and layered the top with cut up fruit, sliced almonds, coconut and chia seeds. It’s seriously the best breakfast I’ve ever had!
Another thing I’m obsessed with? The new CashewMilk. My oldest isn’t a big milk drinker. He’s my only one out of four that just doesn’t like milk. I bought a carton of Vanilla AlmondMilk and he couldn’t stop drinking it. But I think this new CashewMilk is even better! They have a new Chocolate and Vanilla flavor. Both are so delicious. But don’t take my word for it – visit the Silk website, sign up and get a coupon to try it for yourself!
Buy yourself a carton and then make this crazy delicious smoothie bowl recipe! You will NOT regret it. 🙂 Happy Monday!
- 1 cup frozen tropical fruit (strawberries, pineapple & mango mix)
- ½ of a frozen banana
- 6 ounces soft tofu (I used half of a 12 ounce box of tofu)
- honey or agave to sweeten, I used about 1 Tbsp.
- ½ cup Vanilla CashewMilk
- sliced fruit for topping, such as strawberries, kiwi, peaches & blueberries
- sliced almonds, shredded coconut & chia seeds, for topping
- Blend frozen fruit, tofu, honey and CashewMilk in a good blender. Taste and add sweetener and more CashewMilk if needed.
- Pour smoothie mixture into a bowl. Top with sliced fruit, almonds, coconut and chia seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
More smoothie bowl recipes from friends:
- Avocado Smoothie Bowl by Food Faith and Fitness
- Summer Fruit Smoothie Bowls by Real Food by Dad
- Peach Pie Smoothie Bowl by Recipe Runner
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.