Start your morning with some Applesauce Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup! They’re healthier, light, fluffy and full of fall flavors! (Thanks Truvia for sponsoring this post!)
When I was a kid, most Saturday and Sunday mornings meant homemade breakfast. My mom was always making something yummy for us to wake up to.
Now, I’m just going to come right out and admit it: I am HORRIBLE about making breakfast for my kids! I’m much more of a “grab a bowl and pour yourself some cereal” kind of mom. #momfail
I think in general, I’m not a morning person. It takes me a good 30 minutes to get to the point where I’ll have a happy conversation with you in the morning. 😉
However, every once in awhile, I’ll surprise my boys with something yummy for breakfast. The other day I made these applesauce pancakes with cinnamon syrup and my boys went absolutely nuts. They were SO good!
I used cinnamon applesauce, which I always have in the fridge because my little boys are addicted to the stuff. I also used Truvia’s Baking Blend and Brown Sugar Blend in place of regular sugar and brown sugar in both the pancakes and cinnamon syrup. I love Truvia and will always use it in place of regular sugar. It’s fabulous!
You can’t go wrong with the flavor combos on cinnamon and apples. It’s just the best. Especially this time of year! I can’t believe it’s already November!
- 2 cups flour (I used all-purpose but you can use white whole wheat too!)
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. Truvia Brown Sugar Blend (or 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar)
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- ½ cup cinnamon applesauce
- ¼ cup Truvia Baking Blend (or ½ cup white sugar)
- ¼ cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend (or ½ cup light brown sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ sp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup water
- Applesauce Pancakes: Mix the first 7 ingredients (the dry ingredients) together in a large mixing bowl. Add in eggs, milk, oil and applesauce. Stir with whisk until combined. (If mixture seems too thick, add a little more milk until thinned enough.)
- Pour by ¼ cup onto a heated griddle. When bubbles form on the pancake, flip over and cook other side until golden brown. Serve with cinnamon syrup recipe below.
- Cinnamon Syrup: Whisk together sugars, flour, cinnamon, vanilla and water to a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil on medium-high heat, stirring often. Continue to boil and stir until mixture thickens to syrup consistency. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Pour over applesauce pancakes and ENJOY!