Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken Rollups are easy to make and are packed with flavor! Cream cheese and green onions are spread over chicken cutlets and wrapped in bacon and baked then topped with bread crumbs. Plus 22 more delicious bacon recipes for you to drool over. You’re welcome! 😉
Happy International Bacon Day! We LOVE bacon at our house. In fact, my 6 year old is pretty much obsessed with bacon. Last year in kindergarten, the kids in his class took turns being the star student. When it’s your week, you get a big poster to take home. It has questions about your favorite things and you’re supposed to fill it with pictures, etc.
When it was Brock’s week to be star student, I sat down with him and asked him all the questions on the poster. When we got to the “what’s your favorite food” question, he told me without hesitation: BACON! So we wrote bacon, found a picture online and off he went with his poster. 😉
Apparently nobody has ever said that bacon is their favorite food on their posters before. His teacher thought it was hilarious and the class talked about it for weeks. In fact, I’m Facebook friends with his teacher and she will tag me in any post she sees online that has bacon in it, and say “make this for Brock!” lol!
The only problem I see with bacon is that I have to buy multiple packages of it because my boys will eat tons of it. Brock alone can eat one pound all by himself! Instead of buying packages upon packages of bacon and making it for them to eat sort of as a side dish, I’ll add bacon to a dish (ahem, bacon wrapped cream cheese chicken rollups!) so they get a little bacon with their meal. This way I don’t have to pay for 4+ pounds of it. Smart, huh?!
These Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken Rollups are incredible! Cream cheese and green onions are spread over chicken cutlets and wrapped in bacon and baked then topped with a bread crumb mixture. They’re super easy to make. My grocery store butcher will cut chicken breasts thinly for me so I don’t even have to do the pounding!
I love how each bite has crispy bacon, tender chicken and tangy cream cheese. Chicken and bacon is a match made in heaven! I hope you’ll make some bacon wrapped cream cheese chicken rollups tonight to celebrate National Bacon Day!
Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken Rollups
- 1.5-2 pounds chicken cutlets
- 1 8-oz package light cream cheese
- 3 green onions chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. light butter melted
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray, set aside.
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Salt the chicken and then spread cream cheese on one side of each chicken breast. Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Roll up to enclose filling. Sprinkle with pepper and wrap each chicken rollup with bacon. Place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Carefully pour out any drippings from baking dish. Preheat broiler.
- Mix together butter, bread crumbs and paprika in a small bowl and set aside.
- Broil chicken rollups in broiler for 3 minutes on each side to crisp bacon. When browned and crispy, sprinkle bread crumb mixture over the tops and serve. Enjoy!
Now check out these 23 Tasty Bacon Recipes!
Tasty Bacon Recipes Pictured Above:
- Maple Bacon Cinnamon Rolls by Ashlee Marie
- Maple Bacon Waffles by Real Mom Kitchen
- Bacon Jam by the Stay at Home Chef
- BLT Cobb Salad by Life Made Simple
- Smothered Pork Chops with Bacon Crumbles by 365 Days of Slow Cooking
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza by The Baker Upstairs
- Bacon Cheese Rolls by Creations by Kara
- Bacon Wrapped Meatballs by Butter With a Side of Bread
- Bacon Cheese Pastries by Food Crafts and Family
- Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Chicken Rollups (you’re already HERE!)
Now 13 More Delicious Bacon Recipes for you to enjoy…
- Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Brown Sugar Bacon aka Candied Bacon
- Bacon Wrapped Dogs
- Bacon Nutella Muffins
- Asparagus Bacon and Potato Frittata
- Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Monterey Chicken
- Maple Bacon Cheesecake
- BLTA Wrap
- Chicken Pasta with Bacon
- BBQ Chicken Bacon Pineapple Kabobs
- How to Cook Bacon in the Oven
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Pita Pizza