Happy Friday! OMG this week has been insanely l-o-n-g. I’m ready for the weekend, how about you?
I’ve had all four of my boys home with me. All day. Every day. Dare I say I’m regretting not signing them up for any day camps?? Lol!
No, but really, we’ve been having a good summer so far. I’ve planned something fun everyday and am trying to keep my kids out of the house and away from the TV.
But when we are home, I’m enjoying having my boys help me cook & bake. The other day I decided to get the container of Pillsbury biscuits out that I had in the fridge and turn them into donuts.
I laid the biscuits down on a cookie sheet and then had my little boys take turns pressing a small lid into the middle of each biscuit, creating a cute little donut. We baked them and then made a delicious strawberry glaze to drizzle over the top.
The glaze is so flippin’ good. I had extra and I won’t lie – I ended up eating it with a spoon. So. Good.
All four of my boys ate the entire batch of these donuts within about 20 minutes. Okay, I might have gotten one
or two of the donuts. Good thing because holy crap, they were good!
Baked Biscuit Donuts with Strawberry GlazePrint Pin Rate
- 1 16-oz container Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- melted coconut oil for spreading on top of biscuits
- 1 cup strawberries I used fresh
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar depending on how thick you want your glaze
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Open the Pillsbury biscuits and place on cookie sheet. Take the lid to either the coconut oil or any other lid with about an inch in diameter, cut into the donut using the lid to make a hole in the center of each biscuit.
- When all biscuits have a hole in the center, lightly spread with a little melted coconut oil over the tops of each biscuit. Place cookie sheet in oven for about 6 minutes - or until biscuits are golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, puree strawberries in the food processor. Add in powdered sugar and milk and blend until consistency you desire.
- When biscuits are done, let cool for a few minutes and then spread with strawberry glaze. So delicious! Enjoy!