This Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe is seriously SO yummy! The chicken filling has delicious Asian inspired flavors with a little added crunch from the water chestnuts. This low carb recipe is great for an appetizer or a main dish.
This Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe is my new favorite recipe! The Asian-inspired flavors in the filling pair perfectly with the soft butter lettuce.
My baby turned 8 years old yesterday. I’ve always felt young and never really worrid about age or anything like that but this hit me hard! My oldest will be turning 18 this year and my baby just turned 8. They’re growing up way too fast! It’s really insane.
Sometimes I go back through old posts on here, most of the time because I want to make the recipe, and I actually read the post instead of scrolling through to the recipe. It’s crazy to read stories about my kids when they were so young! Things have changed so much in the last coupe of years!
One thing that doesn’t change, is my love for food! Are you a lettuce wrap lover? I tend to forget about lettuce wraps as a low carb option (probably because I love bread so much, haha!).
But one day when I was at the grocery store, I saw a beautiful head of butter lettuce and I thought …
CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS!
So I ran back through the store grabbing ground chicken, water chestnuts and the condiments neccesary to make this delicious Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe. It’s my new favorite thing to make!
My family loved it. I had to add in a bit more red pepper flakes from myself and my hubby since my kids are babies when it comes to anything remotely spicy. 😉
I love the Asian flavors in this Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe. It has both sweet and spicy elements to it. If you’ve ever eaten at P.F. Chang’s and tried their lettuce wraps, this is a similar version. I wouldn’t say it’s a copycat version, but close.
Seriously, give this recipe a try! I know you’ll love it as much as my family does!
Best Ever Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onion diced small
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. amino acids or light soy sauce
- 3/4 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger minced
- 8 oz. can water chestnuts drained and diced small
- 1 bunch green onions sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter leaves for serving
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add in diced onion and cook until softened.
- Now add in ground chicken, garlic and sesame oil. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Combine hoisin sauce, amino acids (or soy sauce), rice vinegar, sriracha, ginger, water chestnuts, green onions (reserving some for topping the lettuce wraps) and red pepper flakes. Heath through and then taste and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Fill butter lettuce with chicken mixture and serve. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
For even more great ideas follow me on: