Baked Meatballs that are some of the best ever meatballs in the history of all meatballs! Such a simple and easy meatball recipe. Very tender and flavorful!
Baked Meatballs win every time in my house, hands down. My boys LOVE them. I have zero meatball memories from when I was growing up. Maybe I just don’t remember but I’m pretty sure my mom didn’t make them. Which is fine, except my husband’s mom did and so meatballs were requested when I was newly married.
I remember the first few times I made meatballs, I cooked them on a skillet. Worst way to cook them. The oil would splatter leaving grease everywhere and you have to brown them in batches which takes FOREVER. Half the time they would fall apart just from being turned and moved constantly. But then I learned that you can bake meatballs in the oven instead! Life. Changing.
Here’s a little video to show how I put these Baked Meatballs together:
In no time, you have a whole pan of meatballs that are cooked through and ready to eat either by themselves, or thrown in sauce over spaghetti, etc. SO easy and SO quick. No more cooking meatballs in batches or standing by the stovetop! Plus, these are great to have your kids help with. My older boys love to help mix the meat and roll them into balls.
This particular Baked Meatball recipe makes the best meatballs I’ve ever had. They have so much flavor and maintain juiciness after baking. Every bite is full of flavor from the garlic, parsley and cheese. A definite winner in our house. We never have leftovers!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, minced (or about ½ Tbsp. dried)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix together onion, bread crumbs, garlic, egg, cheese, ketchup, salt, pepper and parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in ground beef and mix gently until combined. Do not overwork. Form into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are browned and cooked through.
If you liked this meatball recipe, you might like these too: