This is the most amazing hot wassail drink I’ve ever had! Easy to make and full of delicious spices, this wassail will soon be a holiday favorite in your house!
Last year, I was put in charge of my church’s Christmas party. Um, yeah. I was basically freaking out about the responsibility. It was SO much work! (I still have no clue why they asked me of all people to do it…) But it all turned out beautifully! We had a horse and carriage ride, outdoor games, yummy catered food, great entertainment and of course, the jolly man himself came too!
- 8 cups apple cider
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 whole cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves or 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a large pan.
- Bring to simmer over medium-low heat. Reduce heat and continue simmering for 45 minutes. Ladle into cups or mugs and enjoy!
Still thirsty? Check out these drinks:
For even more great ideas follow me on: