Super delicious and easy Bunny Bait aka Easter Snack Mix. Made with cereal, pretzels, peanuts, pastel M&M candies and white chocolate – you can’t go wrong! 🙂
I know it’s not even St. Patrick’s Day yet but I just love Easter and couldn’t resist sharing a recipe a bit early! There’s something magical about Easter. I guess every holiday has a bit of magic, even St. Patrick’s Day, but Easter is even more so.
It’s the beginning of springtime and the weather is usually gorgeous. Plus, the Easter Bunny! While my older two boys are far past believing, my younger two are totally into it.
This year we’ll be in Arizona on Easter, visiting my family. I’m really excited to get to hang out with my siblings and my parents, especially since I wasn’t able to go for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
For sure we’ll have an egg hunt or two. Usually the little kids get their own hunt with candy-filled eggs which the older kids like to help with. Then the older kids will get an egg hunt with money-filled eggs (booyah!). And afterwards, there’s always, always treats sitting around to munch on.
I’m thinking this year I’ll contribute this super easy Bunny Bait Easter Snack Mix. It’s incredibly easy and tastes crazy good!
It has Chex cereal and Cheerios, pretzels, peanuts and M&M’s and is tossed in melted white chocolate. Yep. Easy as can be and totally delicioso. It makes a giant batch of snack mix, which I like to hand out to friends. This year I gave a giant bag to my little boys’ preschool teachers. One of them called me an hour after I brought it over and told me that she couldn’t stop eating it. Yep, that’s just what it does. 😉
- 5 cups Rice Chex
- 5 cups plain Cheerios
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 1 cup dry roasted lightly salted peanuts
- 1 11-oz bag Easter colored M&M's
- 1 16-oz package Candiquik white chocolate (or 1 bag white chocolate chips) melted
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together first four ingredients.
- Melt chocolate in microwave, following directions on the package. Pour over cereal mixture and stir together thoroughly.
- Pour in M&M's and stir to combine. Pour on wax paper and spread out. When cooled, break into pieces and devour!