Chocolate Surprise Crinkle Cookies filled with pieces of your favorite candy inside and rolled in powdered sugar – the best way to use up any leftover candy PLUS a $300 Giveaway for PayPal Cash or Amazon Gift Card!
Are you dressing up today? I have been in such a bah humbug sort of Halloween mood. I feel like Halloween stretches on and on and on. There’s a Halloween party every weekend during the month of October, for goodness sake! Whatever. At least it’s a holiday about candy. 😉
Speaking of sweets, my mom used to make chocolate crinkle cookies all the time when I was a kid. They were always one of my favorite treats. Have you ever made them before?
I sort of amped them up by putting candy inside the middle for a little surprise treat when you bit into it. And you never know what kind of candy you’ll bite into, hence the “surprise” crinkle cookies.
The cookie above has half of a miniature Milky Way inside. Love the ooey gooey caramel in the center. I went a little crazy and tried M&M’s, Twix, Crunch bar, Reese’s, Almond Joy… you name it. I think the Milk Way was my favorite. 🙂
After the craziness of Halloween, you need to make these cookies to use up all your candy lying around. You will instantly fall in love.
Also, don’t forget to enter the $300 Giveaway below! You could win $300 in Paypal Cash or an Amazon Gift Card – both would be perfect for your holiday shopping. Can’t believe how quick that’s coming up!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend (or 1 cup light brown sugar)
- ½ cup Truvia Baking Blend (or 1 cup granulated sugar)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- 2 eggs
- candies, cut into bite size pieces
- powdered sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, coconut oil and sugars. Blend together.
- Then add vanilla, flour, soda, salt and baking soda. Stir together and then add in the eggs last.
- Take two small pieces of dough, place a piece of candy in the center and smooth dough around it. Roll into a ball and then roll in powdered sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Bake 12 cookies at a time on a cookie sheet for 12 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes and then carefully remove and let cool. Enjoy!
The Weary Chef – Hot Eats and Cool Reads – Krafted Koch
Five Heart Home – Flavor the moments – Food Faith Fitness
Pint Sized Baker – Dieter’s Downfall – Delightful E Made
Belle of the Kitchen – Petite Allergy Treats – Clarks Condensed
Yesterfood – I Dig Pinterest – Memories by the Mile
My Turn for Us – House of Yumm – Yummy Healthy Easy
Julie’s Eats & Treats – Love Bakes Good Cakes – Diary of a Recipe Collector
Melanie Makes – The Bitter Side of Sweet – Life Made Sweeter
Maebells – From Everyday To Gourmet – My Gluten-Free Kitchen
Or Whatever You Do – Wishes and Dishes – Lemon Tree Dwelling – Chelsea’s Messy Apron