Today is my Sisters Birthday and it’s Mystery Dish day! This means it’s a perfect day to share a delicious, warm chicken chili stew, right?!
I love my crock pot. I happen to currently have two. You can never have too many slow cookers, right?! When I saw Zainab from Blahnik Baker‘s ingredients for this month’s Mystery Dish, I knew stew was in the works. Her ingredients?
Green tea or matcha powder
Prickly pear cactus
I gotta be honest, some of these ingredients tripped me up. Matcha powder? Cardamom? Prickly Pear? Not in my usual repretoire. I really really wanted to get creative and make some awesome prickly pear something-or-other, but when it came down to it, I totally chickened out.
But that’s okay because this stew was really good. I’m pretty sure my family appreciated it more than some prickly pear something-or-other anyway. The tender chicken, hearty potatoes, corn and beans really made this a comforting meal. Especially since the weather is cooling down over here. Nothing like coming home to a crock pot full of chicken chili stew!
Crock Pot Pinto Bean Chicken Chili StewPrint Pin Rate
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped (or your favorite color pepper)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp. chili poweder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pounds white potatoes diced
- 2 14-oz cans rinsed and drained pinto beans
- 1 14-oz can corn, drained
- 1 14.5-oz can crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 4.5-oz chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp. salt or more, if needed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- feta cheese crumbled
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in onion, bell pepper and garlic. When softened, add chili powder and cumin. Stir together and set aside.
- Place chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add diced potatoes on top of chicken. Add pinto beans, corn, tomatoes, chilies, and sprinkle with salt.
- Now add cooked onion/pepper mixture on top. Pour 1 1/2 cups water over the top. Cover and cook for 8 hours on LOW.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with feta cheese. Enjoy!
- Green Chile Chicken Soup – Chez CateyLou
- Crockpot Chicken Chilli Stew – Yummy Healthy Easy
- Spiced Apple Crisp – I Want Crazy
- Kale Salad with Sesame-Lime Dressing – The Pajama Chef
- Spiced Mini Skillet Apple Crisp – Culinary Couture
- Pan Seared Pork Chops with Spicy Apple Chutney – Flavor the Moments
- Matcha Swirl Cheesecake – Baking a Moment
- Green Chile Cheese Pinwheels – I Dig Pinterest.
- Baked Apple Donuts with Cardamom Cream Cheese Glaze – Joyful Healthy Easy
- Vegan Gluten-Free Ginger Walnut Apple Pie Bars – The Sweet-Tooth Life
- Apple Feta Salad with Toasted Sesame Seeds – The Well Floured Kitchen
- Apple Cardamon Crisp – Blahnik Baker
If you liked this recipe, you’ll love these ones too: