My husband and my older boys LOVED it! The dressing has such a great flavor while the pecans bring a nice crunch. Adding in cranberries gives it sweetness and the feta adds some nice texture and flavor. I can’t wait to make this again! If you like quinoa and/or kale, you will love this salad!!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed if necessary
- about 2 cups chopped kale less or more to taste
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Bring water to boil in a medium-sized pan. Stir quinoa into boiling water. Reduce heat to medium-low, place lid on pan and cook until water absorbs into quinoa, about 12 minutes.
- When the water is absorbed, remove the pan from the heat and let rest, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove cover and allow quinoa to cool completely.
- Place kale in a large mixing bowl. Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, pepper and salt together in a small bowl. Drizzle over kale. Stir and let sit for a few minutes. Add cooled quinoa, pecans, dried cranberries and feta cheese and toss to incorporate. ENJOY!!