Looking for a lighter treat, but craving chocolate? These Double Chocolate Meringue Cookies are the perfect way to go! They have only 6 ingredients – no butter or flour. They’re airy, crispy and just the right amount of sweet!
I’ve been potty training my three-year old this week. Not fun. Not fun at all.
I put it off as long as possible and then my husband intervened. Basically, we went cold turkey. Undies all day, only diapers when sleeping. Every time he goes on the toilet, we give him three M&M candies. It’s the perfect reward system for him. He still has accidents, which I gotta say, totally suck to clean up.
So I decided to make my own personal reward system. If he goes in his underwear, and I’m stuck cleaning it up, I get a meringue cookie. See how we’re all rewarded? It just makes perfect sense. Personally, it’s the only way I’ve gotten through this nonsense called potty training.
These cookies are the perfect reward treat. They are fabulous. First off, they’re lower fat and lower calorie! Secondly, they’re light, airy, crunchy, chocolatey and delicious. Third, they’re easy to whip up and have only a handful of ingredients that you probably already have. Lastly, they are a dieter’s dream treat! I would use them as a reward for my potty-trainer except that I want them all to myself!
- 3 large egg whites
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 3 Tbsp. semisweet chocolate chips, mini or regular
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- In a large mixing bowl or Kitchen aid mixer, beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar at high speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Sift cocoa over egg white mixture and fold in. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop batter by level tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 40 minutes or until crisp. Cool on pan on a wire rack.
- Repeat procedure with remaining batter, reusing parchment paper. Serve and enjoy! Best stored in an airtight container.