Crock Pot Sloppy Joes! It doesn’t get much easier than a little ground beef, (or turkey!) some spices and ketchup, thrown all in a crock pot and then 4 – 6 hours later – dinner is ready! I love serving mine on a whole wheat bun with a sprinkling of cheese and a side of veggies. YUM!
When I make my weekly grocery list, sometimes I am totally stumped about things to fix that are healthy, easy to make, and that my kids will actually eat with no drama. 😉
And that’s when I usually think: SLOPPY JOES!! My boys LOVE sloppy joes! I guess boys like most things that are messy, right? Lol!
But really, it doesn’t get much easier than a little ground beef (or turkey!) add in some spices and ketchup, throw it all in a crock pot and then in 4 – 6 hours you have an easy meal! I love serving mine on a whole wheat bun with a little cheese and a side of veggies. YUM! What’s your go-to dinner recipe?
- 2 pounds ground beef (or turkey!)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
- 1½ cups ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- hamburger buns
- cheese, for serving
- Brown ground beef or turkey in a saucepan.
- Add the browned meat and remaining ingredients to slow cooker and cook on low for 4 - 6 hours.
- Serve on buns with a sprinkling of cheese and enjoy!