You could say I’ve been having a rough couple of weeks. Had my husband in the hospital with appendicitis a few weekends ago while dealing with having one of our two cars in the shop for over two weeks. Yeesh!
My husband got in a fender bender which messed up the steering really badly and we had to take the car in to be fixed. We opted to not get a rental car since it wasn’t in our insurance plan and we didn’t want to spend the extra money (total cheapskates 🙂 ).
Having only one car is has its pros and cons…
- Only one car but two people who need to be places.
- No gym!
- Stuck inside the house all day.
- Need to be seriously organized to get everything done the one day you do have the car.
- Starting new at home workouts.
- Getting out of things you don’t want to do aka “Oh, sorry! I don’t have a car so I can’t make it to your Mary Kay party.” lol
- Spending more time cooking and baking.
- Eating eggless cookie dough.
Did you catch that last one? Yeah, I’d do it all over again just to eat more of this cookie dough.
Being able to eat uncooked cookie dough with a spoon is like a dream come true. I looooove cookie dough. There is nothing better than sitting down to watch your favorite TV show with a giant spoon of no-bake cookie dough. Oh wait, there is one thing that’s better… sitting down to watch your favorite TV show with a giant spoon of healthy no-bake cookie dough!
This eggless cookie dough is made with garbanzo beans, guys. Sounds so weird, I know, but you can’t even taste them and they add fiber and protein while making the texture more like cookie dough.
When my husband came home from work, I gave him a spoonful and he totally thought it was regular cookie dough – you can’t even tell it’s made from garbanzo beans! Okay, now it’s time to rush off and make this 5 ingredient heavenly treat – go!
- 1 (15-oz) can garbanzo beans
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. agave or honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Place garbanzo beans, peanut butter, agave or honey, and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Put faux "dough" in a bowl and fold in chocolate chips. Dig in and enjoy!