Chicken Burrito Bowl that’s loaded with tender, marinated and grilled chicken, brown rice, black beans, lettuce, corn, avocado, cheese, green onions, cilantro, tomatoes, salsa and a ranch taco sauce. So fresh, delicious and healthy!
A brand spankin’ new Chipotle just opened up really REALLY close to me. It’s dangerous because I could spend so much money and eat so many calories there on burritos. Come to mama.
Since it’s swimsuit season, I’ve been trying extra hard to work out and eat right. I try to lower my carbs but let’s face it, carbs are delicious. 🙂 Today I’m sharing a chicken burrito bowl recipe with you! Let’s get crazy and ditch the tortilla and put everything we love about burritos into a yummy burrito bowl! This recipe is so easy and adaptable to what you like.
I think I’m one of the few people in the world that doesn’t really love chicken. I can’t just pull a chicken breast from the fridge and cook it up and eat it. It needs to have a lot of flavor. (That sounds so foodie of me, lol!) So I marinated the chicken overnight (but even just a few hours would work!) in a garlicky lemon marinade and then I grilled it. You can also pan fry it too but I love the flavor the grill gives the chicken.
To assemble the bowls, I layered brown rice, black beans and lettuce. Then I added spoonfuls of some of my favorites, like corn, avocado, shredded cheese, green onions, cilantro and tomatoes. Then I added the sliced chicken on top of it all and drizzled a super easy ranch taco sauce over the top (but salsa is great too!).
The outcome? A delicious deconstructed burrito bowl that will knock your socks off! This is seriously such an easy recipe and you can change it up by adding in whatever you or your family likes. Another plus side is that you can pack this ahead of time to take to work and eat it later. I hope you like it as much as my family does!
Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
Burrito Bowl Topping Suggestions:
- cooked brown rice
- black beans drained and rinsed
- chopped lettuce
- avocado diced
- shredded cheese
- green onions
Rancho Taco Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp. ranch dressing
- 1 tsp. taco sauce
- Combine marinade ingredients (except chicken) into food processor or blender and blend together until thoroughly mixed.
- Place chicken breasts into a large resealable baggie. Pour marinade over the chicken, seal the bag and let marinate for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Take off grill and let rest.
- Meanwhile, prepare your burrito bowls by layering cooked rice, black beans and lettuce. Add spoonfuls of any toppings desired.
- Slice cooked chicken and top burrito bowl with it.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ranch and taco sauce. Taste and add more of either ranch or taco sauce. (I double this recipe and drizzle it on as I'm eating each layer of the bowl.)
- Drizzle chicken with ranch taco sauce and/or salsa and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, you might like these too:
(This post was originally posted as a guest post at Lil’ Luna on June 13, 2016)