Salmon Skewers tossed in an easy garlic-lemon sauce and then grilled. The result? A crazy delicious, tender, lemon salmon that is like heaven on a stick!
Last weekend I enlisted my older boys to go to the movies with my two younger boys so my husband and I could go grill shopping. Pretty smart of me, right?!
We went to Home Depot and didn’t love their selection of grills. Lowes didn’t disappoint and had a lot more to choose from. In the end we got a really nice grill for a great price AND get this – it was already assembled!! Seriously couldn’t believe our luck!
We fit it into the back of my Suburban and wheeled it right into its new spot on our patio. We got cooking right away, well, right after we picked up our boys from the movie, lol!
One of the first things I wanted to make were salmon skewers. See, skewers or kabobs are my very favorite way to grill. My husband thinks its a huge pain but there’s something therapeutic about threading veggies and meat onto sticks that I love and eating food off a stick is pretty cool, too. Ha!
Since salmon and citrus is such a great flavor combo and I have a lemon tree that won’t stop producing like, a million lemons a minute, I decided to combine the two. The result is a crazy delicious, tender, lemony (is that a word?) salmon that is like heaven on a stick!
The salmon cooks quickly and is so flavorful. Seriously, the best salmon I’ve had in a long time. Long live the salmon skewers! 😉
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs boneless/skinless salmon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 + lemons sliced (amount depends of lemon size and how thick the slices are)
- juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
- wooden skewers soaked in water for about 15 minutes or so
- In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and lemon pepper. Toss in lemon slices and salmon chunks.
- Thread lemon slices by folding them in half and then adding a piece of salmon. Repeat until all slices and salmon are skewered.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill the skewers, turning occasionally and carefully, until the salmon and lemons are browned and cooked through.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!