The juiciest, most delicious, guacamole chicken burgers! Super simple to make – serve on buns with a layer of guacamole on the top. Amazing!
Not to be dramatic, but you guys… I just took three separate trips in one week. THREE!!!!
One trip to Santa Barbara. One trip to the ALDI test kitchens in Chicago (more to come on this!). And one fun girls trip to Palm Springs! It’s been a whirlwind of a week but in a nutshell – I had a great time but am completely behind. And happy to be home. 🙂
That being said, between those trips, I had the opportunity to whip together some of the most amazing chicken burgers I’ve ever had. I’ve done some recipe development on chicken burgers several times and feel like I finally created the yummiest, most juiciest recipe ever. Guacamole Chicken Burgers!
My boys LOVED these. It’s such a great basic chicken burger recipe, but then you add guacamole and BAM. Best ever chicken burger ever! I hope you give this recipe a try… even if you’re busy traveling and/or busy, this is a quick one that takes little time and tastes amazing. Happy Monday!
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped (about 3-4)
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 of a lime juiced
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese I used Cabot Farmhouse Reserve aged cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt or more if needed
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 medium avocados smashed with a fork
- 1 to mato diced
- lawry's season salt
- 3/4 tsp. lime or lemon juice
- hamburger buns for serving
- Combine chicken, green onions, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, cheddar, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix lightly and then divide into 4 patties.
- In a separate bowl, combine smashed avocados, diced tomato, Lawry's, pepper and lime or lemon juice. Set aside.
- Barbecue patties on the grill or on a hot pan on the stove top until cooked through. Serve on buns with reserved guacamole. Enjoy!
If you liked this burger recipe, you might like these too:
Baked Chicken Strips with Creamy Parmesan Dip
Other Chicken Burgers from friends:
- Buffalo Chicken Burger by Will Cook for Smiles
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by Weary Chef
- Avocado and Chili Lime Chicken Burgers by Housewife in Training
Kristine @ Kristine's Kitchen says
Three trips in one week?! You must be TIRED! I think someone should cook dinner for YOU tonight! These burgers look incredible! It’s been too long since I’ve had a guacamole burger!
[email protected] says
I just recently discovered that I love guacamole and the idea of putting it on a chicken burger sounds perfect.
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
Ooh, I see why you said these were the best ever. They look amazing, and everything is better with guacamole! I want these for dinner ASAP. Also, thanks for sharing my burger recipe. That was so sweet! xo
I’m pretty sure your boys would like this burger, Andi! (Maybe hold the guac? Lol!) Thanks, friend!
That “burger” looks amazing. It’s going on my menu!
YES! You will love it! Thanks Teresa!
Hi Jen! I am looking forward to trying these. They look soooo yummy. Could they be made without the cheese? I have a dairy allergy!
Hi Donya! Yes, you can definitely leave out the cheese and still have a yummy burger! I hope you try them, they’re incredible!
Hi, what temperature and how long would they be cooked on the stovetop? I’m going to try to make these tonight.
Just cook on medium heat in a skillet until the internal temperature of the patty is 165ºF! Enjoy! They are so yummy!
Do you put any other condiments on the bun?
These look delicious
They are SO GOOD! I usually add tomato and butter lettuce (and maybe a squeeze of mayo – but I’m a mayo lover, lol!) I hope you give them a try!