Easy Peanut Butter Cookies that are soft, crumbly and full of peanut butter taste. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Truvía®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Yep, ANOTHER cookie recipe. Are you sick of cookies yet? I’m pretty sure I can never get sick of cookies. Or any dessert, for that matter.
Have you seen all the cookies from Cookie Week? There were the cute little Candy Cane Cookies, a Roundup of 30+ Healthier Cookie Recipes, Eggnog Cookies with a ridiculously awesome eggnog glaze, and then yesterday was Homemade Peppermint Oreos. So much yumminess all in one week. To round it out? Easy Peanut Butter Cookies!
They’re made a bit healthier by using coconut oil, light butter, natural peanut butter and my favorite Truvía® sugars. I rarely bake with anything but Truvia. Why not save the calories and use Truvia and still get the same flavor you would with regular sugars? Makes sense to me!
I used both the Brown Sugar Blend and the Baking Blend for this recipe. I love the way these cookies turned out – soft with crispy edges and just a touch crumbly. The peanut butter flavor is just the perfect amount. The crispy sugar on the outside is the best part! They have only 104 calories and 3.3 grams of protein each. Not bad for a cookie, right?!
These are definitely cookies I will make again and again. They’re great for the holidays but also great for any day. Have you tried baking with Truvia yet?
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. light butter I used Land O'Lakes Light Butter with canola oil
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter I used Skippy Natural Creamy
- 1/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar or 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, blend together coconut oil, light butter and peanut butter for about 1 minute, until very smooth and combined.
- Add the sugars and beat for 1-2 minutes, until light in color and combined.
- Gradually beat in the egg and vanilla, just until blended.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder until combined together.
- Scoop up a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Roll in sugar and place on a nonstick baking sheet (or cover a baking sheet with parchment paper).
- Using the tines of a fork, flatten each cookie in a cross pattern (as shown in the pictures).
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to a rack, cool and then enjoy!
Looking for more easy cookie recipes? Try these too:
Eggnog Cookies with Eggnog Glaze
Red Velvet Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
More Peanut Butter Cookies from friends:
- Peanut Butter Snickerdoodles from Crazy for Crust
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies from Will Cook for Smiles
- Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies from Kristine’s Kitchen
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust says
Thank you for the link love!! I’d inhale these cookies!
Becky @ lovetobeinthekitchen says
You are so creative coming up with new healthy cookie recipes! 🙂 You rock! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor says
I love that you used Truvia in these cookies. I would love to snack on these right now! Peanut butter cookies are my favorite!
Amy @ A Healthy Life For Me says
Thanks for sharing such a great recipe. They look delicious.
Thank you Amy! I hope you’re having a great weekend!
I pinned some of this cookies recipes. I will make them for my kids. Also, I began to follow you via twitter.
Have a nice day!!!!
Thanks so much, Cecilia!! Happy Holidays to you!
Ashlyn @ Belle of the Kitchen says
These cookies are beautiful, Jen. I could eat that whole stack and then some! I’ve never tried baking with Truvia though I do put it in my smoothies. I need to give it a shot! 🙂
Ginny McMeans says
I am so excited about these! I have yummed them to my recipe box so I don’t loose the recipe.
Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen says
These look so good! I love peanut butter cookies too! I love your tweaks to make this healthier. I bet the recipe would work well with a good gluten-free flour blend as well. Thanks for sharing!
Meg @ The Housewife in Training Files says
Who can be sick of cookies?! Not me! I have had my eye on the Truvia brown sugar blend but after this, you have convinced me to go get it so I can indulge in these peanut butter cookies!
Nancy [email protected] says
I never get sick of cookies! I am loving all the favorite you keep giving us!
Thanks Nancy! You are the sweetest!!
Heather @ Sugar Dish Me says
I think these cookies are winning at everything. they look amazing, Jen!!
I am so excited about these! I neeeded a healthy version for my hubby 😉
Yay! They are so good! Let me know if you liked them!
Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) says
These look delicious Jen! Thanks for linking up last week with SNF! Pinned to our party board!