Healthy and addicting black bean dip – the perfect snack full of protein to keep you satisfied! Serve it up alongside pita chips, tortilla chips or veggies.
Guess what tomorrow is?! If you’re like me, you’re thinking “um, Sunday?”. But if you’re like my husband, you’re thinking “Super Bowl Sunday!!!”. Ha!
What are you doing for the big game? Do you have all your snacks and meals planned? I’m actually going to a friend’s house to watch the game. They have a giant, beautiful home with a nice big TV. 🙂 My kids are going to be in heaven!
I’m supposed to bring some yummy snacks with me. If you know anything about me, you know I’m a snacker. I would much rather have crackers and cheese than a meal. I especially LOVE dips. I have lots of dip recipes on here that range from healthy to dessert. Like Skinny Pumpkin Dip, Pizza Dip, Cheesy Corn Dip and S’mores Dip. I like to sort of nibble and peck at things in the pantry and fridge. Are you like that too?
If you are, I have the perfect recipe for you today… Black Bean Dip! It tastes just like a (refried) bean dip but is much healthier. It has a yummy bean flavor with just a kick of spice.
Black beans are loaded with protein, making this the perfect snack if you’re watching your calories. Just a little bit goes a long way. It pairs fabulously with pita chips or veggies. My family just couldn’t get enough of it! It’s a bit addicting, so watch out for that. 😉
This is a great appetizer to serve up while you’re watching the game this weekend. I know I’ll be making it again, too! Enjoy!
- 1 15-oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
- 1 14.5-oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- chopped tomatoes green onions and cilantro, for serving if desired
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 1.5 liter baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a food processor, blend together the black beans, sour cream, salt, pepper and jalapeno. Blend until combined and taste. Add salt to your liking.
- Pour black bean mixture into prepared dish. Pour in drained petite diced tomatoes and stir together. Add in 1/2 cup cheese and stir together. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- Pull off the foil and bake for an additional 15 more minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes, green onions and cilantro if desired and serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, veggies, whatever you like! It's delicious!
Looking for more healthy snack ideas? Try these recipes too:
This recipe was originally shared by me on The NY Melrose Family on 1/9/2015.
Julie @ Julie's Eats & Treats says
Mmmmm this looks like another fabulous dip Jen!!
Thanks Julie! xo!
Mary Soco says
Your black bean dip looks amazing. It remembers me our traditional black bean soup, so I will love to cook it. Thanks for the recipe!
This can be made without the jalapeño right?
What kind of white chips are in the photo? Are those pita chips? Or some type of flour tortilla chips?
Hi Rose! The chips in the photos are pita chips. They’re a great compliment to the black bean dip but tortilla chips are great too!