Healthy Quinoa Salad with a delicious light dressing. Makes a filling side dish!I’m sort of obsessed with quinoa. I remember a few years back when I had a little get together at my house and my best friend brought over a side dish. It was a quinoa greek salad with feta cheese and red quinoa. I remember thinking it was the weirdest looking salad I’d ever seen. I didn’t want to try it because it looked so strange but when I finally did, I could NOT stop eating it!
Now I eat it all the time! I have a container of cooked quinoa in my fridge at all times. I add it to soups and use it in place of rice in many of my recipes. I love making quinoa salads as a side dish because they’re my husband’s favorite. If I have this salad sitting in the fridge, he will no doubt eat it all. 🙂
I’m always trying new combinations of flavors and dressings, too. I love a good olive oil & herb dressing with a little citrus. The dressing in this recipe is my go-to base dressing. I switch it up based on what I have around the kitchen.
Have you tried quinoa yet? If not, it’s time to convert you – go try it!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup drained canned garbanzo beans
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or canned
- ½ tomato, diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- juice of ½ of a lemon
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, finely minced or put through a garlic press
- 2-3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- Read instructions on the back of the packaging on how to cook the quinoa (usually one cup quinoa to two cups liquid). Cook and let cool a bit. Measure out two cups of quinoa and place in medium to large sized bowl.
- Add in garbanzo beans, corn and diced tomato; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir. Pour over quinoa mixture and stir to combine together. Serve right away or put in an airtight container in the fridge to enjoy later. SO good!