You won’t believe the flavor in this easy-to-make Tuscan Vegetable Soup! Who knew healthy could taste so good?! This healthy soup is gluten-free, vegetarian, clean-eating and low carb. The best part? Is it SO GOOD!
This Tuscan Vegetable Soup is gluten-free, vegetarian, clean-eating and low carb. The best part? Is it SO GOOD! Celebrate!! We’ve had some lovely rainy days here in Los Angeles lately! We definitely need it, so it’s been really nice (although it’s messing with my work flow since I want to sit with a book in my hands on those rainy days and not work! Lol!)
When it rains, I crave something warm and comforting. Tuscan Vegetable Soup is always one of my favorite things to make that will warm you up but is actually healthy too!
There are tons of nutrients packed inside this italian-style recipe. Six vegetable varieties – plus cannellini beans – makes it an excellent source of fiber, vitamins A and C, and a good source of protein and minerals. All of this for only 150 calories per serving!!
I bet you’re reading this and thinking, “yeah, but does it taste good?”. It’s hard to believe that all those vegetables and really, not many steps/ingredients can yield an incredibly tasty soup that you will make and want to make again and again. But, it’s true.
This is a recipe you will want in your back pocket for any rainy day, or any day you want a healthy meal that will satisfy and taste delicious. Plus did I mention it’s gluten-free, vegetarian, clean-eating and low carb?! Winner dinner! Or lunch…
- 1 (15.5-oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ large onion, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 medium carrot, diced (about ½ cup)
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 tsps. chopped fresh sage( or ½ tsp. dried)
- ½ tsp. salt, plus more for taste
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped spinach
- ⅓ c. freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are tender. Add the broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and the spinach leaves. Cook until the spinach is wilted. Serve with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and enjoy!