This Homemade Blueberry Soda is a fun DIY way to make sodas at home! It’s easy to do – just make a simple syrup using blueberries, sugar and lemon juice. Refrigerate overnight and then strain the following day. Pour 3 Tbsp. of the blueberry syrup in an ice-filled glass and then add sparkling mineral water until desired. Gently stir and voila! Homemade Blueberry Soda!
I hate drinking water. I always have and probably always will. Is that weird??
I try to find every excuse to not drink plain old water. I am in love with those individual Crystal Light energy packet things that you pour into a single water bottle. Those are the bomb. I looooove them.
Since it’s summer, I’ve been on the lookout for new ways to drink liquids without drinking boring water. This recipe is awesome because 1) it’s easy 2) tastes yummy 3) it isn’t water. Seriously though, you have to try it. My husband and boys loved it. It’s kinda fun to make your own soda and I love that it has all the health benefits from the blueberries!
Homemade Blueberry Soda
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 9 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- blueberry syrup
- sparkling mineral water
- Combine blueberries, lemon juice and sugar in a medium saucepan. Slowly bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly until all the berries have popped, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let cool.
- Pour into an airtight container, like a mason jar, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, take mixture out of the refrigerator and strain through a fine mesh strainer. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- For one drink, fill a tall glass with ice. Add 3 Tbsp. of the Blueberry Syrup and then top with seltzer water. Stir gently and enjoy!