We LOVE raspberries in our house! They’ve been in season and on sale at the grocery store so I seem to always have some in my fridge. I absolutely hate throwing produce away if it doesn’t get eaten up so I usually toss it in the freezer to use later.
This recipe is great because you can use either fresh or frozen raspberries or even mix it up and add strawberries, blueberries, or even dried cranberries if you wanted! These muffins are soft, fluffy and taste like a light raspberry cheesecake. (Yup, THAT good!) They’re so easy to throw together, too. And honestly you could eat them for breakfast, dessert or BOTH! They are so tasty!
- 2/3 cup (5 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at high speed until well blended. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Add vanilla, egg whites, and egg; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. With mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture and buttermilk to cream cheese mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Gently fold in raspberries and walnuts.
- Spoon batter evenly into liners. (Makes 24 muffins) Bake at 350° 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans & cool on a wire rack.
Aren’t they pretty?! You can print your recipe HERE. If you liked this recipe, PIN it and make sure to follow me (via GFC) on the right hand side–> to see what I cook up next! I’m also on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK too!
Tastetastic Thursday, Sweet Treats & Swanky Stuff, Frugal Food Thursday, Hookin Up with HOH, Show Off Your Stuff, Strut Your Stuff, Friday Fun Party, Flaunt it Friday, Fantabulous Friday, Tickled Pink, Frugal Friday, Friday Flair, Foodie Friday, Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Sweets for a Saturday, Spotlight Saturday, Tuesday Talent Show, Tips & Tricks, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Crazy Sweet Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Cast Party Wednesday, Uncommonly Yours, We Did It Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, From Dream to Reality, Your Whims Wednesday, I’m Crafty! Link Party, Full Plate Thursday,