Egg Breakfast Muffins that are full of kale, potato, egg and topped with cheese. Mini, kid-friendly, easy to make, and quick to reheat for a breakfast on the go! (Thanks to Dr. Praeger’s for sponsoring this post!)
I have tried a lot of those frozen veggie patties in my lifetime. They’re great when you need a quick lunch or dinner and of course, they’re healthier than eating a regular burger, right? But not all veggie burgers are created equal! Some are actually full of not-so-great ingredients. And some just plain taste bad.
Have you tried Dr. Praeger’s veggie burgers? Known for its healthy and plant-based frozen foods, Dr. Praeger’s has been a freezer staple for over 20 years!
They have a new veggie burger line that just launched this month, showcasing three unique on-trend flavors: Bibimbap (vegan) with spicy Korean Gochujang and brown rice, hearty Heirloom Bean (vegan and gluten-free) featuring six different varieties of beans, and Mushroom Risotto (vegan and gluten-free), the epitome of healthy comfort food with truffle oil and Arborio rice. Believe me when I say that all three are incredibly delicious!
They also have a “Littles” line just for kids. They’re healthy little finger-foods in fun shapes that are just the right size for little hands. Just like my mini egg breakfast muffins!
The Kale Littles are full of kale and potatoes and have such a nice flavor alone. But I thought what about adding egg to that and baking them up into a cute little muffin? It makes a great grab ‘n go breakfast for little and big kids, too!
Plus they’re super healthy and can get your day going with a protein-boosting start. The combo of the kale, potatoes and egg are perfect for a savory breakfast.
I don’t know about you, but I have a hard time getting my boys to eat breakfast. I find that if I have something already prepared, they’re more likely to eat. With all the hustle and bustle in the morning, it’s much easier to have something already made up that I can just reheat for a few seconds.
That’s what I love about these little egg breakfast muffins! Make a batch ahead of time and reheat for a quick breakfast on the go. With the healthy addition of Dr. Praeger’s Kale Littles mixed with egg and cottage cheese, you’re sure to have a healthier start to your day!
Find all of Dr. Praeger’s delicious frozen healthy foods at your local grocery store!
Mini Egg Breakfast Muffins
- 5 Dr. Praeger's Kale Littles cooked according to package directions
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray mini muffin tin well with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook the Kale Littles according to package directions. (I find it easiest to use the microwave method). Let cool for a few minutes and then chop up into small pieces.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk eggs together. Add in cottage cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder and milk. Stir to combine and then add cut up Kale Littles. Mix together.
- Pour mixture into prepared mini muffin tin and sprinkle cheese on the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool and then carefully extract from pan. Serve and enjoy!
- *Can also put in a plastic container and refrigerate or freeze for future breakfasts. Just pop in the microwave for a few seconds to reheat and eat!
Looking for more easy breakfast ideas? Try these too:
Easy Spinach & Egg White Omelette
Special thanks to Dr. Praeger’s for sponsoring this post!
Leave a Reply