Simple and delicious healthy mini egg cups! A quick breakfast recipe you can make ahead of time and devour all week long!
I hope you had a great weekend! If you’re in the United States, I hope you had a great long Memorial Day weekend. Did you do anything fun? We really didn’t do much. We stayed home and had a sort of “staycation” with our boys.
My oldest went to Utah to visit his dad for the weekend so I was one kid short. It was interesting how every meal I made, I ended up with leftovers. I kept thinking that was strange to have so many leftovers but then I remembered he was gone, lol!
It’s really crazy to me how much food my boys can put away. I was talking with my mom today and telling her how I need to practically double all my recipes because there just isn’t enough food to feed everyone!
Like one pound of ground beef usually makes four burger patties but we need more like 6-8 since we have 4 boys plus Cory and I…and don’t forget the second helpings!
Although, I do love it when they like what I make. Duh, of course I do! What mom doesn’t like it when their kids like what they make?!
The one meal that really gets me though, is breakfast. I get in these slumps where I just do not know what to give my hungry boys. They need protein but only two of my four will eat scrambled eggs. Only one, maybe two will eat oatmeal or other hot cereals. They all like cold cereal but let’s be honest, that stuff goes right through you. You can eat like three bowls and be hungry again in an hour. True story! Plus, most aren’t very healthy.
I’ve seen a lot of recipes for egg cups and I thought I needed to give that a try. But instead of making full size muffins, I thought why not make mini egg cups? Ones you just pop in your mouth in a hurry.
These mini egg cups are filled with healthy ingredients and are made super quick! You can make a pan full and refrigerate them for a week’s worth of breakfasts. That is worth its weight in gold to me. Especially with hectic mornings, rushing off to school with all my boys. I hope you give them a try and let me know what you think!
Mini Egg Cups
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green chilies
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray mini muffin tin well with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl (I like to use my Le Creuset mixing bowl with a pouring spout) mix together all the above ingredients. Pour into mini muffin cups and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool and then carefully extract from pan. Serve and enjoy!
- *Can also put in a plastic container and refrigerate or freeze for future breakfasts. Just pop in the microwave for a few seconds to reheat and eat!