Oh yeah, it’s pumpkin time!
Be honest with me – pumpkin: love it or hate it??
Me? I love it. I love the spicy pumpkin flavors, the moistness that it brings to baked goods, all while being lower in fat and calories. But really though, pumpkin mostly just reminds me of fall.
It was so hot today here in So Cal, it definitely does NOT feel like fall.
But none of that matters when I’m baking some yummy pumpkin muffins in my kitchen. Nope. Just another gorgeous, crispy fall day. 🙂
I’ve never had better pumpkin muffins than these. They’re soft, moist, flavorful, and so so easy. My boys love any kind of mini muffin because they’re just the right size. Perfect to grab for a quick snack or fast breakfast.
- 1 c. canned pureed pumpkin
- ¾ c. Truvia Baking Blend (or 1½ c. sugar)
- ½ c. coconut oil
- ½ c. water
- 2 eggs
- 1⅔ c. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, Truvia, coconut oil, water and eggs.
- In another mixing bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Gradually add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared muffin tins and bake for 18-20 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
Looking for more breakfast? Try these too: