This Peasant Bread is a crowd pleaser! It’s a simple to make, no-knead recipe for the BEST bread ever! (No, seriously!)
You will not believe how AMAZING this Peasant Bread recipe is! I got rave reviews every time I make it!
You know those recipes you have that you’ve been making for years and everyone in the family loves? This bread is one of those.
I remember several years ago, I was invited to a friend’s home for lunch. It was a very casual lunch. I brought my kids, who played out back, while we sat down at my friend’s gorgeous dining room table to eat. It smelled beyond amazing in her house.
She disappeared into her kitchen and came back out holding a tray with the most amazing loaves of peasant bread you’ve ever seen. Round circles of yeasty goodness.
I’m honestly, practically salivating all over her nice table cloth at this point. She sets the tray down and I completely dive in. There’s this olive oil with garlic and seasonings that she’s warmed up for us to dip the bread in and my tastebuds go nuts.
Ripping into the bread and dipping into the olive oil, I eat so much bread that I don’t have room for the main course!
I ask her where she bought this glorious bread from. She says, “Bought it? Oh, no! I made it!”
I practically fell off my chair. “No WAY. You MADE this?”
Oh yeah. She totally made that amazing, mouth-watering, delicious peasant bread. From scratch. You better believe I begged for the recipe!
This peasant bread recipe is now one of our very, very favorite bread recipes in the history of all bread recipes. It’s so easy, you won’t even believe me when I show you the recipe. Only a few ingredients and no-kneading required. Boom. Perfect loaves of bread every. single. time.
I made this the other day right before my boys came home from school. My oldest walked in and immediately recognized the amazing smell and said, “Mom! You made Peasant Bread!” Yep. It’s THAT good! I can’t wait for you to try it!
I hope you like it as much as we do! 🙂
- 1 package dry yeast 2 1/4 tsp. if measuring
- 2 cups warm water 110 degrees
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 egg white OR melted butter for topping
- garlic salt I use California garlic salt
- Mix yeast and warm water and let sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, pour the yeast and water mixture in a mixing bowl with the sugar, salt and flour. Do not mix too long. Do not knead. Let rise until doubled.
- After rising, split into 2 rounds and place on greased cookie sheet. Let rise again until doubled. Preheat oven to 425º F.
- Brush tops of bread rounds with egg white or melted butter and then sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Bake at 425º F for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 375º F and cook additional 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- We like tearing chunks off the rounds and dipping in olive oil and seasonings. So delicious! Enjoy!
Need even more carbs? Check out these yummy recipes:
For even more great ideas follow me on: